Streaming Studios of Germany
Streaming Events - the New Normal
We have put together an overview of streaming studios that a few of our German cities have to offer for your next events.
The GCB German Convention Bureau has spent the last year studying the implications of the pandemic on the meetings industry and, together with its partners, has been looking for innovative solutions in a dynamically changing market. Through the latest research by the Future Meeting Space innovation network, we have learned that the relevance of events for an organization's overall communications mix will continue to grow in the future and that the increasingly hybrid set-up of meetings and conferences increases their reach, both from a time and geographical perspective. At the same time, the desire for physical locations and authentic experiences will continue to grow, and even though face-to-face meetings will very likely have their comeback by 2022, the event world is prepared for hybrid functions.
With this in mind, we have put together an overview of streaming studios that a few of our German cities have to offer for your next events.
Venues and event organizers all throughout Hamburg have expanded their skill set to deliver high quality digital and hybrid events:
- Hamburg Messe und Congress offers onsite and online audiences a flexible and modern digital setup.
- Hybridstudio Hamburg is an innovative concept that provides four studios spread across 13,000 sq. ft. These four studios can be booked individually, or together.
- The Greenscreen Studio of Meissner Expo Studio is a 1,000 sq. ft. studio with a 215 sq. ft. green box and camera & sound technology, lighting, teleprompter, as well as studio furnishings, kitchen, and bar area.
- Hamburg also has Alster Studio, located inside the NRV Clubhaus, which sits on the shore of Outer Alster Lake, and has a high-quality stage with 1,000 sq. ft. for digital events.
- Heimathafen Hamburg Events is also available for livestreams: With two studios, including one with a studio area of 360 sqm and a backstage area of 106 sqm with five scenes running in parallel. Since the beginning of the first lockdown, over 700 hours of livestreaming have already been realized.
- The well-known Grand Elysée Hamburg makes hybrid events possible in its own green screen studio. Every participant can join the event at any time and any place via a landing page, give their opinion directly, and ask questions.
Frankfurt has been ready for hybrid events, with several superior studios of different sizes and equipment. A few examples:
- StreamingSTUDIO is part of the Messe Frankfurt exhibition ground, open on Hall 4. The 5,000-sq. ft. studio makes it possible for the streaming produced here to be transferred to the customer's desired platform (company website, social media channel, live broadcast or video recording).
- Steigenberger Broadcast Studio (Steigenberger Airport Hotel), is a modern digital studio that is great for livestreaming, recordings or product presentations.
- Studio Frankfurt by satis&fy is located in the historic Palais Frankfurt in the heart of the city center. The studio’s space is scalable from 20 to 300 sq. ft., offering the latest technology for digital events. For example, the equipment includes two cameras on tripod, LED walls, a 4m-high black round horizon, seven light frames, studio lighting with camera-compatible soft lights, and individually scalable control surfaces.
- Studio Frankfurter Hof is a permanently installed production studio in the Great Hall of the Frankfurter Hof in Mainz, with fixed working and waiting places, and a stage with 2 separate entrances/exits.
- Kurhaus Wiesbaden, the Spa House of Wiesbaden, has a 1,700-sq. ft. room with floor-to-ceiling windows flooded with daylight (and curtains for shading at the same time). This studio is adjacent to spa gardens, the best place for a “feel-good atmosphere studio in the park."
In Munich, an assortment of studios is available for future hybrid events. Some of them are briefly described below:
- The BMW Auditorium, located inside the famous BMW Welt (BMW World), has several studio spaces, from Doppelkegel, to its Business Center. The BMW experience offers a streaming package that includes content broadcast via social media, websites, custom landing pages (registration, interaction, etc.) and customized apps.
- Westin Grand offers studio space for web conferences for up to 10 persons. For webinars for a live audience, the studio can host over 160 delegates onsite. Features include multi-point connections with interactivity, live polling, file sharing, recording & archiving.
- International Congress Center Munich (ICM) offers 2 studios, one of 1,450 sq. ft., and the other measuring almost 30,000 sq. ft. The ICM is now ready for enhanced panel discussions, product presentations, broadcast solutions, information events, and press conferences. Besides full-service capabilities and services, the ICM team also offers consulting from concept to planning and even décor ideas.
- mbw is a livestreaming provider supporting virtual and hybrid events in its centrally located hbw Conference Center in Munich’s “Haus der Bayerischen Wirtschaft”. The team provides a full service and state-of-the-art technology for varied formats, including an in-house TV studio offering comprehensive production capabilities.
- Studio Salvatorplatz is located within the city’s charming “Literaturhaus München“ and offers a 2,800 sq. ft. studio for a wide range of digital events, such as panel discussions, product presentations or press conferences. In addition to the comprehensive basic tech set-up, clients can book additional elements, including interactive tools or add-on cameras.
Vienna House Andel’s Berlin
This 4-star superior design hotel is a sophisticated lifestyle and meeting spot located close to Alexanderplatz in Berlin. The property has reinvented itself in the past year as well, adding new technical capabilities to its spaces. It has a digital studio area with 4,700 sq. ft, a LED stage, separate rooms for makeup, catering, and back-office space. This space is adjacent to the largest conference room with 16,000 sq. ft, available for hybrid events for up to 300 delegates. Vienna House Andel’s Berlin also offers a digital starter package, which includes studio rental, camera, recording, sound engineering, wireless mic, lighting, staff.