Regensburg Tourismus GmbH
MICE-in-Regensburg.de - Tradition goes future
The UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Regensburg can look back on a conference-hosting tradition spanning more than 350 years, for the first Perpetual Assembly took place here in 1663.
With a population of over 160,000, Regensburg is today Bavaria’s fourth largest city and a prospering centre for business and science with excellent transport access. The more than one million visitors from all over the world who come here every year, along with 30,000 students, further create a young, vibrant and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
In Regensburg, you will have a number of historic rooms, as well as modern facilities, at your disposal for your event. Regensburg Tourismus GmbH (RTG), as the city’s central, official point of contact, arranges various partner venues and offers a comprehensive, tailor-made service for your event based on the motto of ‘tradition goes future’.
• Excellent transport access: Direct, hourly train connections from Munich Airport, Nuremberg airport one hour away, A3 / A93 Autobahn (Highway) interchange, ICE train station (Deutsche Bahn Event ticket)
• New since April 2018: www.marinaforum.de
• New since May 2019: Bavarian History Museum & programme of accompanying events with a Bavarian flavour (more info down below)
• New from 2019 - 2021: new hotels all around the Old Town (Hilton by Hampton next to the marinaforum Regensburg, Holiday Inn Express, Ibis City, NIU, Novotel, etc.) completing existing accomodation properties from Best Western Premier to Boutique hotels in the Old Town and much more
• Close on-site co-operation with a prospering economy and science
• Central, official point of contact for comprehensive, tailor-made service. Support and measuring tool for your sustainable conference "Green Score Card". Winner of the ADAC Bavarian Tourism Prize, Sustainability, 2019 for the "Holistic sustainable concept of the MICE Destination Regensburg"
More information: https://mice-in-regensburg.de/en
Program of activities
Want towield your own wooden spoon, brew beer, or create your own Weisswurst breakfast? Cruise on the Kristallflotte made with millions of Swarovski crystals or ride thewaves of the Danube on an old salt barge? Tap a keg? Taste Bavarian beer inBavaria’s first capital or experience history and exciting stories as part oftailor-made menus? Will it be a beer garden, the world’s oldest sausagekitchen, Germany’s oldest coffee shop, a traditional Bavarian tavern, anhistoric venue, or a Michelin-star restaurant? Or perhaps a culinary treasurehunt? Choose from our wide range of components.
Whether it be a transfer service from the meeting venue to the hotel or evening eventvenue, a visit to palaces, museums, document archives, cathedrals or factories, or one of our 400+ city tours with or without a theatrical component, there’s lots to tell. Choose the relevant story(ies) for your event from 2,000 years of history.
Since the city’s founding as Castra Regina (AD 179) by the Romans, of Bavaria’s first capital, of Germany’s best preserved medieval city, of the Free Imperial City of Regensburg, of the present-day UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Regensburg, with its over 1,000 monuments, and the prospering young economic and scientific hub. Regensburg Tourismus GmbH will be glad to tie it all in nicely with your conference.
Strengthening team spirit:
Play Baseball in Germany? Or how about Germany’s favourite game, football? Fancy learning from expert demonstrations by the Jahn Regensburg team or taking a shot at goal yourself at the new Continental Arena? Whether it be a GPS hunt through time and space or an Illuminati puzzle in the Challenge Room, the UNESCO World Heritage-listedcity will surprise you with extraordinary, tailor-made components for your accompanying events.
Things have sure been happening in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city, and April 2018 saw the opening of the marinaforum Regensburg, located in the former slaughterhouse just a few minutes’ walk from the old town. This conference and events center combines existing industrial building fabric from the early 20th century with modern technology, and provides space for events involving up to 750 people in row seating. It also boasts flexible workshop rooms, another hall with capacity of 200 people in row seating, and an exhibition space.
The center is fully accessible and has a vehicle-compatible floor. Of particular note is the heritage-listed Zollinger roof by architect Friedrich Zollinger, featuring a resource-friendly lamella-based design. The marinaforum Regensburg wants to become the most sustainable convention center in Bavaria, and the building and company are BREEAM-certified. This approach is evident in a number of details. And as an additional service, you can hold your events here sustainably – under the motto of “tradition goes GREEN future” – with the help of the Green Score Card rating and measurement tool.
For more information, visit www.marinaforum.de
Services and expertise
Exhibition space (m²)500