Post-IMEX Educational Trip Heidelberg
May 25 - May 28, 2023
Discover Heidelberg as your future congress destination at a time of year when the city receives and welcomes its guests with a sea of blossoms, with the world-famous castle ruins amid light green wooded slopes of the ‘Odenwald’ and the lively hospitality of an international university town.
Heidelberg is a predestined congress and conference destination with a central location in Germany and Europe, only about 45 minutes from Frankfurt Airport.
With Germany's oldest university, the city has been a place of science and research for centuries. Its inspiring spirit has produced countless Nobel Prize winners and bright minds, literary figures, painters and other artists.
The Heidelberg Convention Bureau takes over the complete planning of your congress with location finding, hotel room booking, planning of social programs, organization of transfers and much more as a full-service offer from one source.
Get to know the science and congress city of Heidelberg during our Post-IMEX Educational Trip, visit various locations, marvel at one of Germany's top tourist destinations with all its sights and enjoy our hospitality.
Day 1 (Thursday, May 25, 2023)
- Arrival and check-in at the privately run 5* city hotel “Der Europäische Hof Heidelberg”
- Joint dinner in the hotel’s fine-dining-restaurant “Die Kurfürstenstube”
- Overnight stay at the hotel “Der Europäische Hof Heidelberg”
Day 2 (Friday, May 26, 2023)
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Reception and tour in the newly built Heidelberg Congress Center
- Site inspection of the newly built 4* superior Atlantic Hotel including its big event area
- Lunch and visit to the very special event venue Tankturm, which is perfect for smaller events
- Visit to the famous Heidelberg Castle and its event spaces with an unique view over the city
- Dinner at Jil Rooftop Drink & Dine Bar, on the roof terrace of the PLAZA Premium Hotel with a wonderful view over the city to the castle
- Overnight stay at the hotel “Der Europäische Hof Heidelberg“
Day 3 (Saturday, May 27, 2023)
- Breakfast in the hotel, hotel tour and check-out
- Guided Sightseeing Tour by Cabriobus
- Site Inspection of the Wärmespeicher – a special event venue 55 meters above street level with a unique view
- Visit to the construction site of the historic concert hall Stadthalle
- Tour with two historic sloops on the Neckar river along the city
- Lunch in the Qube Hotel Restaurant
- Site inspection of the event venue Frauenbad
- Tour in the new multipurpose hall SNP dome with a capacity of more than 4.000
- Brewery tour, beer tasting and dinner with typical German cuisine at a regional brewery
- Overnight stay at the newly opened 4* superior PLAZA Premium Hotel
Day 4 (Sunday, May 28, 2023)
- Breakfast in the hotel and check-out
[Program subject to change]
How Can I Register?
If you would like to join the GCB as a Hosted Buyer for IMEX Frankfurt 2023, please follow the registration link in your invitation e-mail.
As soon as you have been accepted as a Hosted Buyer by IMEX, we will contact you and register you for this Educational Trip.