GCB Educational Trip to Dresden and Leipzig
The German Convention Bureau and Dresden and Leipzig Convention Bureaux invite you to experience Dresden and Leipzig: June 21 -24, 2017!
Experience German hospitality in two vibrant cities steeped in history & culture mixed with industry, technology & research.
Dresden is an epicentre for research, a haven for start-ups and global players and a city of excellence. Welcoming, varied, historical - Dresden is one of the loveliest, liveliest cities in Europe. World-famous architecture mixes with unique artistic masterpieces, while the city's incredible location in the beautiful Elbe valley fires the imagination.
Leipzig impresses with its great musical tradition, the large number of cultural institutions, its many waterways and the Leipzig New Lakeland area. The focus on the region's economic and scientific excellence in medicine and biotechnology, on the automotive and logistics industries, and on energy and environment-related research is reflected in some of our programme highlights like the visit to the Porsche plant.
Inspiration all round with three days packed full of networking, site inspections, education and, of course, fun!
Wed, June 21
- Arrival at Dresden Airport
- Transfer to Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, Snacks and Site Inspection
- Guided City Tour
Get to know Dresden by foot with a fun and knowledgable guide showing you Dresden's most beautiful highlights such as Residenzschloss, Zwinger, Theaterplatz, Brühlsche Terrasse, Neumarkt, Altmarkt, Prager Straße
- Lunch at Pullman Hotel
- Trabi Ride to Hygienemuseum by Trabi Safari
Ride in an old authentic Trabant - the iconic car made in East Germany
- Site Inspection at Hygienemuseum Conference Center
The Hygienemuseum is an open forum for discussion for everyone interested in the cultural, social and scientific revolutions taking place at the beginning of the 21st century. Next to its exhibitions the Museum is a unique Conference Center
- Site Inspection at Volkswagen Transparent Factory
Experience Volkswagen manufacturing up close at VW's showcase for electromobility
- Key Note „Dresden – City of Excellence“
- Barbecue at Biergarten „Elbsegler“ at Hotel Westin Bellevue
Enjoy a relaxing BBQ night in the garden of this world-class hotel with a stunning view of Dresden
Thu, June 22
- Site Inspection Conference Center at Messe Dresden
- Site Inspection "Ostrapark"
Forgotten for decades, today the former cattle stables are an innovative centre for cultural events right in the heart of Dresden. The unique twist? The inner-city location with indoor and outdoor areas for open-air events free of noise pollution regulations
- Site Inspection and Lunch at Maritim Hotel & international Congress Center Dresden
State of the art congress centre located in the heritage listed municipal warehouse
- Tour of vinery Wackerbarth Castle in Radebeul
Take a trip outside of Dresden to this castle and vinery where Counts once resided and held glittering parties. Today the vinery is a "discover and experience wine-growing estate". Let's discover!
- City Bus Tour
On our way back into the city we will pass some more highlights including Dresden-Neustadt, Albrechtsberg Castle, Blue Wonder Bridge, Three Castles, Park „Großer Garten“, Central Station
- Transfer to Leipzig via High Speed Train (1 hour)
- Check in and Welcome at The Westin Leipzig
- Dinner at 5* Hotel Fürstenhof
Fri, June 23
- Guided Walking Tour through Leipzig’s City Centre
Let's start the day by exploring the city on foot
- Site Inspection at KONGRESSHALLE am Zoo Leipzig
This newly openend venue is the latest addition to Leipzig's event locations - although it has been around since 1900!
- Site Inspection at Zoo Leipzig Gondwanaland incl. Boat-tour
A truly unique location - meeting in a zoo!
- Invitation for Lunch at Radisson Blu Hotel Leipzig
- Site Inspection at Porsche Werk Leipzig
Get behind the scenes of Porsche's factory in Leipzig and co-pilot drive some of the iconic cars manufactured here on Porsche's very own race track
- Rosental Park Concert “Klassik airleben”, Open Air Concert of the Gewandhaus Orchestra incl. Dinner Picnic
Enjoy the warm summer night with excellent food and world-class music from the famous Gewandhaus Orchestra
Sat, June 24
- Transfer to City Marina for Boat Tour on Leipzig’s Waterways
Experience Leipzig from a whole new point of view!
- Transfer to The Westin Leipzig
- Departure from Leipzig Airport
*Itinerary subject to change
Participation fee: €99.00 (excl. 19% VAT)
This fee includes flights with Lufthansa (economy class), transfers, accommodation, meals and participation in the educational programme. Only your personal extras need to be settled on departure.
This Educational Trip is aimed at conference and event organisers from all over Europe.
Sustainable design of the Educational Trip
Sustainability has become established in the meetings, events, and incentives industry as one of the key topics of the future. As the German meetings industry’s marketing organisation, the GCB is committed to promoting sustainable development in the industry. Various aspects have been taken into consideration throughout the realisation of this Educational Trip including the following:
- 'Green' catering (regional/seasonal, meat reduced)
- Support of a social project instead of giveaways
- Dispensation of print material*
*Brochures and further information of the local suppliers visited during the trip will be available for download on this website after the trip.
For more information on our sustainability efforts, click here.