A survey published in 2012 confirms Stuttgart's leading position as Germany's most sustainable city. In the overall rankings of the WirtschaftsWoche Sustainable City Indicator (WWSCI), Stuttgart achieves higher-than-average results among Germany's 50 largest cities in every category (economic strength, environment, human capital, social affairs, energy and transport, and transparency and commitment).
Our company, the Stuttgart-Marketing GmbH, participated successfully in the state of Baden-Württemberg's sustainability check, and the city of Stuttgart has held certification as a Baden-Württemberg Sustainable Destination since October 2014.
In the Stuttgart Region event organisers can find congress venues, hotels and special locations which are deeply involved with the theme of sustainability, hold certification to this effect or have already implemented sustainability strategies. In figures, this means:
- 32 congress centres, conference hotels and locations offer a sustainable infrastructure and services
- 410 rooms are available for meetings
- 121,500 persons in all can convene there
- the conference venues have 168,900 sq.m./ 1.818,017 sq.ft of space at their disposal
The Stuttgart Convention Bureau has various supplementary services and information in its portfolio for all-round sustainable solutions. These include:
- Destination-oriented advice incl. sustainability aspects
- Contacting conference providers committed to sustainability
- "Meet Green" signet for researching and identifying conference providers committed to sustainability
- Preferential rates for the 3-day congress ticket for the regional transport network
- Free travel on local public transport when you reserve accommodation through the Stuttgart Convention Bureau up to 31.12.2017 in one of our many partner hotels
- DB (German Rail) Event Ticket for climate-neutral travel to the congress destination at a concessionary price
- Travel advice for visitors to the region (i-Punkt Tourist Information Stuttgart Region)
- The Stuttgart Region is a model region for sustainable mobility
- Car2Go fleet Stuttgart is the biggest of its kind, with 500 vehicles, all electrically powered
- Stuttgart Airport consistently adheres to the guidelines of the "fairport" codex and successfully enforces CSR-compliant procedures.