PK Parkhotel Kurhaus
The first spa house “Kurhaus“ was thus built in 1843 to include the spa park, which is today much like it was then. In the 20th century many other hotels and pensions were built. With the discovery of the Radon caves by Dr. Aschoff in 1904, making known the powers of Radon to stop inflammations, the spa sector gained enormous importance in Bad Kreuznach.
The city fathers decided to replace the old Kurhaus with a palace-like hotel. They chose the famous architect Emanuel von Seidl, who designed the hotel in the very new Art Deco style with soft lines and smooth facades. The new Kurhaus hotel was opened on July 1st 1913 and is now the PK Parkhotel Kurhaus.
2016 a big renovation of the 120 modern styled rooms is ongoing. The 11 conference rooms are furnished and equipped with all standard technique. We do offer 24 hours front desk service, Bar , Park-Restaurant with view to the spa garden of the city, Sauna, Wellness-Center and a direct way to the thermal bath area “crucenia-thermen”.
During World War I, the German military headquarters were placed in the hotel and thus was the military seat of the last Kaiser Wilhelm II. At the same time the General von Hindenburg and General Ludendorff (chief of staff for the whole of the military) were also in Bad Kreuznach. During the Kaiser’s time at the Kurhaus - 1916 through 1918 - many of the head of state were here, like Zar Ferdinand of Bulgaria, General Mustafa Kemal Pascha, later known as Atatürk.
Towards the end of the1920’s spa business began to recover. The old bathhouse just behind this hotel was torn down and replaced with a grand ball room “ Kursaal “ which opened in 1930 and is still being used until this day. In this time period the popes’ Nuntius Eugeni Pacelli, who later became Pope Pius XII resided here as well.
After extensive renovations in 1956, 1978 and 1996, 2016 the Kurhaus has been operated as per its design, a first class hotel and is still considered a jewel of fine architecture.
In November of 1958 the french President Charles de Gaulle and Germanys Chancellor Konrad Adenauer met here to negotiate the French-German friendship pact. In the following years many more higher political consultations between these countries were held in the Hotel, thus keeping not only the hospitality tradition alive but also the tradition as a venue of historical events.
In 2011 the hotel was taken over by an Estonian Real Estate Group and has been operating under its management ever since. 2016 a big renovation of the 120 modern styled rooms is ongoing. The 11 conference rooms are furnished and equipped with all standard technique. We do offer 24 hours front desk service, Bar , Park-Restaurant with view to the spa garden of the city, Sauna, Wellness-Center and a direct way to the thermal bath area “crucenia-thermen”.