Stuttgart Lands Seven Prestigious Medical Conferences ~ Organizers Drawn to Regional Expertise & New Hotel Capacity
Stuttgart is not only good for the hearts of car enthusiasts, but with over 200 companies and organizations that are part of the life sciences cluster in the Stuttgart region, it is also a healthy hub for scientific expertise.
In fact, over 200 companies in the bio and medical technology spaces develop highly innovative products in the Stuttgart area, and several institutions have committed themselves exclusively to industry-related research and knowledge transfer. Additionally, the Association for the Promotion of Biotechnology and Medical Technology and STERN Management (standing for the BioRegion cities of Stuttgart, Tübingen, Esslingen, Reutlingen & Neckar-Alb) work together to advocate for the industry in the region. Finally two incubators - Life Science Center Esslingen and Technology Park Tübingen-Reutlingen - provide office space, infrastructure, and financial and advisory services for start-ups and young companies in the medical field. This strong industry community, coupled with lots of renovated and additional hotels (e.g. Maritim, Aloft, Jaz in the City, and the Motel One No. 3) and convenient air and train travel to Stuttgart is bringing over 15,000 medical delegates into the region with seven conferences lined up over the next few years.
Some highlights include:
- A Fall 2016 61st congress of the German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics focusing on women's health at the International Congress Center Stuttgart (ICS) and Messe Stuttgart
- The Neue Gruppe (a dental association) will gather for their annual conference at the Liederhalle Culture and Congress Center in the heart of the city (linked to the Maritim Hotel Stuttgart and the Bosch-Areal venue)
- In March 2017 for the first time Stuttgart will host the annual convention of the German Society for Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine at the ICS and Messe Stuttgart.
- A month later Prospitalia (a large German medical procurement company) will hold their annual conference in Stuttgart for the second time, followed by the annual meeting of the German, Austrian and Swiss Societies for Haematology and Medical Oncology in September 2017.
- Finally the German Spine Society will once again have its annual convention, along with an exhibition, at the ICS at the beginning of December 2017.
That’s a whole lot of health-happenings and Stuttgart will provide a rich medical industry home for thought leaders in these life changing fields to gather and share knowledge and best practices.
For more information click here.
Newsletter for meeting planners & MICE professionals
Keep up-to-date and register for our “Meetings made in Germany “ newsletter: Get invaluable industry insights including case studies and trend reports plus all the latest information needed for planning your next event in Germany.