Going Green planning tips
• Pave the way in advance: State that sustainability is a priority in all inquiries and brief all resources and your staff accordingly.
• Read the signs: Pay attention to the certification held by venues and suppliers. Which boast environmental labels such as the Blue Angel? Do they use solar energy etc.?
• Work without paper: Managing projects and participants is easy to do online and conference content can be made available for download.
• Adopt a more carbon-neutral policy: There are options for participants and the suppliers you hire. Consider travel distances or lower-emission and shared transport.
• Think global, act local: Use as many local partners and products as possible.
• 'Green' catering: Seek regional and seasonal; and dishes and cutlery can be reusable or at least recyclable.
• Recycle It: Provide suitable recycling bins with separate compartments in public spaces as well as behind the scenes.
• Re-use It: Think about how signs, counters and banners can be repurposed at other or annual events and how design & content can be more multi-event neutral. Think about how to share left over flowers or food to help others.
• Save energy & resources: Seek out venues and hotels that use more energy efficient approaches for lighting and water.
Also, check out our Green Meetings Site with tips and more information on making your event more sustainable: http://www.gcb.de/information/green-meetings.html
Newsletter for meeting planners & MICE professionals
Keep up-to-date and register for our “Meetings made in Germany “ newsletter: Get invaluable industry insights including case studies and trend reports plus all the latest information needed for planning your next event in Germany.