There are six key sectors in which Germany plays a major role in setting the global agenda and economic cooperation:
- Medicine and healthcare (incl. sectors such as medical engineering and the healthcare industry)
- Transport and logistics (incl. automotive construction, transport systems technology, aerospace)
- Chemicals and pharmaceuticals (with disciplines such as life sciences, Biotech and gene technologies, biochemistry and new materials)
- Technology and innovation (from mechanical engineering to IKT, optical and electrotechnologies to microelectronics and nanotechnology)
- Energy and the environment
- Financial services
Your sector. Your destination.
Know-where: These key sectors shape a unique landscape of commercial and scientific clusters, which is not restricted to a few metropolitan regions but covers the entire country. Even many smaller towns are home to highly specialised institutions and companies, which are leaders in their fields. This notwithstanding, there are areas with established strengths, such as the traditionally strong industrial base of Baden-Württemberg or the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, which is home to nearly one quarter of Germany’s total population. However, there is one thing you are certain to find for your sector or company: the right destination.